Welcome to the 4th edition of the Medd Hejaz50 race.
After an inaugural edition of the Hejaz50 in March 2016 and a slightly changed route in October 2016 for Hejaz50v2, the team brought to you the Hejaz100 which was, to the best of our knowledge, the longest foot race organized in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in a completely new format (a central Basecamp, and 4 distinct legs in the 4 cardinal directions, each done twice - once clock-wise and once counter-clockwise).
Hejz50v3 followed the same Basecamp concept but on a slighly improved route for the 4 legs (S/W/N/E).
With an incline of 1250m the Hejaz50 was the toughest foot race organized in the western region but it quickly lost its title to the Hejaz50v2 with a hellish total incline of 1850m.
Hejaz50v2 was the 1st event in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to be certified by the International Trail Running Association.
You asked for it.
The Medd Hejaz50v4 is back for you for more fun.
The course will be pratically identical to Hejaz50v3 but the legs will be conquered in a different order:
NORTH > SOUTH > WEST > EAST.
- One central Basecamp (BC).
- FOUR legs labeled North, South, West, East, all starting from BC and ending at BC, with distances ranging from 10 to 15km each.
- Runners and Mountain Bike (MTB) Cyclists will do four legs for a total distance of 50km. (Runners on a relay team will each do 10 to 15km for a total of 50km)
- Hikers/Trekkers will do only two of those legs only (North& South) for a distance of only 12km (+ 14km optional). doing North only will get you the Finisher Medal. The Trophy will go to the FASTEST trekker doing both North AND South.
- Athletes will do the legs in the following order: North>South>West>East. Each of the 4 legs is actually an Out-and-Back.
- For Relay Runners, only ONE teammate can be running at one time.
- For MTB cyclists will ride SOLO (nothing prevents them to ride along with friends).
- Once a loop is finished, come to base camp and make sure your Name and time is marked by the Time Keepers/Marshals.
- The route is marked
- There will be limited marshaling: In the spirit of Ultra running, we will rely on each athlete to follow the course and not take shortcuts.
There will be a cut-off time of 10hours for the 50km athletes
The Course details is now available.
Race fee & Registration
See details below. don't miss the Early bird!
- Early Bird: SAR150 per person regardless of the sport or size of the team. ( before March 3rd 23:59)
- Late registration: SAR300 per person regardless of the sport or size of the team. ( from March 4th )
We need all sort of Volunteers:
- Time Keepers
- Safety officers patroling the course in their SUV
- Helping in Setting up Booths/TimingTable
- Welcome participants and direct them to the appropriate car parks based on vehicle types.
- Assist in water/fruit stops
- Insuring we comply with our Leave No Trace policy
If you can't run, please consider helping: Sign-up on the same registration link:
It will be fun:See the testimonies
Please refrain from posting pictures of other participants / volunteers on social media without their approvals.
Here is the list of Mandatory and suggested equipment:
- Athletes MUST carry with them at least 1.5 liter of water. it must NOT be in a disposable plastic water bottle by fear that this bottle might be disposed of in the wild. Athletes can use hydration packs, belts, backpacks at their convenience.
- MTB Riders MUST wear helmets at ALL times
- The roadbook
- Sun screen
- Fully charged phone
- Offline maps using Maps.Me application and load the course routes using the link provided to registered participants.
- Hat / Buff (protection against sand storm)
- Sun glasses
- Some Snacks
- Toilet Paper