50×50 Summer Challenge
June 14 @ 00:01 – August 3 @ 23:59
50×50 Summer Challenge by UnderArmour – Walk, Run, or Cycle
50 days x 50 minutes of activity for families and sports enthusiasts. Join HejazUltra 50×50 Summer Challenge by UnderArmour: Walk, Run, or Cycle!
Every day, from 14 June, for 50 days, until August 2nd, Hejaz Ultra is inviting everyone to walk or run or cycle, for up to 50 minutes. Summer in Saudi Arabia is not an excuse not to stay fit or become fit!
You should share with us what distance he/she covered using a Fitness Tracker app amongst free readily available used by the community. Registered participants will receive the link to upload their results.
There is no age limit to join the Join HejazUltra 50×50 Summer Challenge by UnderArmour. We encourage families to take this Challenge together. We highly recommend kids under 15 years of age to limit the activity to 20 minutes only. We will take age into account and have created a category for our young athletes! Please be responsible and keep the family safe, making sure everyone stays hydrated during the activity… Prefer an early morning or late evening session!
Every day, we will publish the results of the previous day, by category, on our website https://HejazUltra.org in order to keep everyone motivated.
The Hejaz Ultra 50×50 Summer Challenge by UnderArmour rules are very simple:
- Walk, Run, or Cycle and upload the distance you covered, in which category, how many minutes it took you, confirm the date, and share a LINK to the activity from your Fitness Tracker.
- If you stopped before 50 minutes, it is OK!! Please do share your results. You’re still in the game. You’ve done more than most… what counts is that you were active on that day, regardless of how short the activity was. you ticked the box! the kilometers will add up. Note that someone walking only 25 minutes for 50 days, will get a better ranking than someone walking 50 minutes for only 25 days …
- If you did more than 50 minutes, It is OK as well! Please upload the details: we will average the distance covered over 50 minutes (submitting 12km in 2hours will count for 5 km in 50 minutes)
- You may join in multiple categories: you can for example cycle 50 minutes every day and walk 50minutes every day. You will appear twice in the Leadership Board and may win each of the two categories! Similarly, if you walk 30 days and cycle 20 days, you will also appear twice, but we will not combine the 50 activities.
- Skipping a day: Yes It is ok … You may be sick, traveling, very busy on that day… Don’t worry it’s ok, as you can run, walk, or cycle a day in lieu. Here is how you can make up for the missing day:
- Should you miss ONE day, you can walk, run, or cycle another day: one or two days before or after the day you missed: You will need to do TWO separate activities on that day, with at least 50 minutes in between. One activity of 1h40 minutes will not make up for the missing one.
- Should you miss a SECOND day, you will be required to walk/run 50% extra distance (75mins ). We will average the distance you covered back to 50 minutes (ex: 7.5km in 75mins will give you 5km for the day you missed)
- Our generosity is limitless: The Bonus time you will need to do will continue to double every additional day you miss after that (1h40 mins for 3 days missed, 4h10mins for 5 days missed…). You will still need to do a Separate run of 50 minutes with a 50-minute break minimum in between, and we will still average the distance back down to 50 minutes. In short, it is best not to take too many days in lieu!
The winners of the Hejaz Ultra 50×50 Summer Challenge by UnderArmour will be those doing the most days out of 50 days possible, and amongst those, those who cover the most distance in those 50 days x 50 minutes. It is quite possible that no one will manage a streak of 50 continuous days. As of this writing, the race director’s record is only 28 days, and we have not yet a formal confirmation of the attendance of the current Saudi Arabia Record holder, our very own Ahmed Nasser who currently holds the Kingdom record of 100 days, covering 836 km.
We will have Group runs to support you. It will be a mix of Morning runs ( before work) starting 05:00 AM and evening runs. A selection of road and trail locations. You are welcome to do your activity anywhere, in Saudi Arabia or outside! But here’s where we will run:
- Sunday 05:30 AM: The First Clinic by IMC ( Near Stars Avenue)
- Monday 05:30 AM: Arabian Horses ( JWF / New Jeddah Corniche / al-Nawras Park) with TeamSweat & JRC
- Tuesday 06:30 PM / 18:30: Donut Loop ( full details sent by email )
- Wednesday 05:00 AM: Al Rimaya ( Ibrahim Al Juffali Rd Branch )
- Thursday 05:30 PM / 17:30: IMC International Medical Center Garden
- Friday 05:30 AM: Various locations – full details sent by email
- Saturday: 06:00 AM: Haif & KAIF CAFE هيف وكيف with JRC
We will hold the Hejaz ultra 50×50 Summer Challenge Finale on 03 August 2022, with a 50km Walk, Run, or Cycle. The winners will be announced on 04 August 2022.
Are you ready to up your game? Stay fit, Challenge yourself, and Challenge your friends and family members in this unique 50×50 Summer Challenge by UnderArmour in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia?
Register NOW for free by clicking RSVP below:
50×50 Summer Challenge by UnderArmour
Walk, Run or Cycle
You do not have to spend money and use the latest technology to join the 50×50 Summer Challenge. What is important is that you get out of the house and exercise! If you want to use an analog stopwatch and run loops around an athletic track, this is perfectly fine.
To qualify for the prize, however, you will have to submit r on this page and submit an auditable link to your outdoors run (such as https://www.mapmyrun.com/workout/5420417917) which would indicate the “Elapsed time” ( and not the “moving time” meaning you should not pause your timer if you stop for a while) and indicate the map. It can be a MapMyRun, PolarBeat, Strava, GarminConnect. Nike app doesn’t seem to be auditable. If in doubt, contact email@example.com
You can use a Sports Watch or your Smart Phone. Pick a brand for the watch. and select whichever “app” you want for your SmartPhone.
For the prizes, we can not accept Apps that will not allow you to share an auditable link, or which give only a screenshot. But again, you are encouraged to get out and exercise and report your times/distances to us regardless.
We want to thank Under Armour who will be providing prizes for the winners.
We want to thank Restart for their contribution:
The top 8 winners (Males, Females & kids, Cycling or Running/Walking) of the Hejaz Ultra 50×50 Summer Challenge by UnderArmour will receive the following:
- Free Restart subscription that includes a nutrition consultation
- Customized diet plan designed for each winner
- One-month follow-up.