Mazda 91st Saudi National Day 2021 run by UnderArmour
September 23 @ 06:30 – 08:15
Mazda 91st Saudi National Day 2021 run powered by UnderArmour
We’ll celebrate the 91st Saudi National Day of the Great Kingdom of Saudi Arabia 2021 running on our Hills near Usfan. This family event can be a fun run/walk or a more competitive experience, presenting a mixed terrain of flat sands, ascent gravel roads. If you are from these environs, you know it’s going to be a great experience! Thank you Mazda Saudi and Haji Husein Alireza & Co. Ltd. for supporting this event!
If you are not in Jeddah, worry not! You may still participate in the VIRTUAL Challenge, so keep reading!
Description of the Mazda 91st Saudi National Day 2021 run powered by UnderArmour:
We will run for “up to” 91mins91.91secs. That’s about 1h32m32sec+ going up and down hills situated near “Jeddah University” on the Usfan Road and around our Strava Segment called “Usfan Hill Loop Clockwise” (https://www.strava.com/segments/15560268). Note, if your current fitness level is not currently allowing you to run for the entire time, you are still invited to join: you can rest, take breaks and start again at any time. You can walk it, run it, cycle it (MOUNTAIN BIKE) as many – or few – times as you want.
After 91mins91.91secs, we’ll ask you to report the distance covered to the organizers, so that we can publish results with your name & distance. You can, of course, stop the activity and go home at any time, before the end of the 91mins91.91secs.
It is a free event, but you must pre-register online by clicking below on the RSVP link. Following the recommendations by the Ministry of Health, we will only accept 50 runners: athletes who have not registered will not be admitted to the event. Only Vaccinated athletes may register. We will check Tawakkalna on site.
- 04:45 AM You should leave central Jeddah. please check exactly how long you will need to reach the meeting point based on your exact departure point. Fill up your tank the day before as gas stations might be closed during Fajr
- 05:30 AM Reach Meeting point https://goo.gl/maps/n6DyvXqTxyxB7S9j8
- 05:35 AM Tawakkalna check. Please start your Tawakkalna App early to make sure you have data Signal (It can be spotty at the meeting point). Kindly keep your mask on while we check your App at the Meeting point in your car and keep it on while at the Athlete’s Village until you start running. (and after the run )
- 05:40 AM: Reach car park. Get yourself ready. Make your way to the Athletes Village.
- 06:00 AM: Warm up with Coach Sam.
- 06:10 AM: Safety Brief / Final Instructions.
- 06:15 AM: Start running for 91mins,91.91 secs (almost 1h32mins) – Start your SportsWatch, or alternatively the MapMyRun app on your smartphone.
- 07:47 AM: Stop your sportsWatch / MapMyRun. Head back to the Village to report your distance.
- 07:48 AM: Enjoy the Athlete’s Village and our partners activities!
- 08:00 AM: Prize Ceremony.
- 09:00 AM : Wrap up.
The fastest times on this Saudi National Day loop 2.47km loop are currently owned by a Saudi National Female and a French male national:
- Mickael Gasc (09m30)
- Nesreen Ghonaim (17m08)
Last year, the crowns were on two Saudi Nationals’ heads:
- Eisa Faheem (10m55)
- Hajer Assiri (19m03)
So 91mins91.91secs on that loop means you might do up to 12 of them … We’ll see if we get faster lap time! That could be interesting. Are you ready to challenge yourself?
Wear Green if you can on the occasion of Saudi National Day!
If you are not blessed enough to live in our beautiful Hejaz region or, if you can’t for some reason, join our event on the day at our venue, worry not, you can still join the Virtual Run. You can run at your convenience anytime on Sept 23rd 2021, at the location of your choice, and record it with your SportsWatch / Smartphone. In either case, you should record and share the auditable link which would indicate the “Elapsed time” ( and not the “moving time” meaning you should not pause your timer if you stop for a while) and indicate the map. It can be a MapMyRun, PolarBeat, Strava, GarminConnect. Nike app doesn’t seem to be auditable )
Upon completing the run, you will be asked to fill a form with your results. We will send an email the Form for result submission to all registered participants.
Kindly note that you may submit multiple results if you run several times that day. You may in particular attend in person AND submit a virtual run if you run in the afternoon/evening. Just be careful what time you start as you must Finish your run before midnight, Cinderella!
The Prize ceremony will take place at 07:30 AM: Shortly after the run.
Athletes are invited to submit their results before midnight on Sept 23rd. Full results will be published the next day. Two sets of results will be made available: ON site run & Virtual Run.
Note: when you register, please fill in the form with care. In particular, your Date of Birth, Gender & Nationality as we will be publishing leadership boards with Age Categories.
Registration for the Mazda 91st Saudi National Day 2021 run powered by UnderArmour
- we have reached the maximum number of “in-person” participants.
- You can STILL register for the Virtual Event.
We are opening a Waiting List… We will inform Wait-listed athletes if some spots become available.
- Wait-listed athletes automatically qualify for the Virtual Run ( you do not need to register twice. Should you remain wait-listed, you can still run Virtually and submit your distance to us. If you have not received confirmation that you are moved from Wait Listed to In-Person, this means you will now have the option to run Virtually and submit your distance to us and will not be able to join us on the day.
WAITING LIST IS NOW CLOSED
You’ve done the hard work now SUBMIT your Distance ( submit on 23rd September for a run on 23rd September )
Sponsors & Partners of the Mazda 91st Saudi National Day 2021 run powered by UnderArmour
A few words about our Sponsors and Partners
- Mazda Saudi and Haji Husein Alireza & Co. Ltd. for supporting our event
- Under Armour will award the top 50 participants our co-branded T-Shirt. Under Armour is also providing a Sports Cap and a sports Bag for all participants
- Fitneeds.sa will award valuable Prizes to the winners (Male & Female ) and is also making available a VOUCHER CODE HejazUltra for a generous 10% discount on the online store! If you don’t have a sportswatch yet, it is the perfect opportunity to get one before the event!
- Al Rimaya ‘s Team will help us throughout the Event with their amazing Outdoors & Camping equipment! Expect the unexpected!
- O.R.S Hydration Tablets add a low-calorie (17 kcal) mix of electrolytes that hydrates you faster and keeps you hydrated for longer than water alone.
- TNF Fruits Bars will make sure you won’t run out of energy running up and down our hills, with bars made with 100% pure fruit from New Zealand!
- Harvest Coconut Water will be available for all athletes: There’s nothing better than the 100% Natural Coconut Water for every day, including Saudi National Day!: Rehydration💧= Healthy Lifestyle
- Sabeeka Energy bars fuelling your active lifestyle with #clean_energy. Made from Saudi dates by @contfoods.
- Fresh Del Monte will provide tons of Fresh Fruits & fresh Juices on the day (and you can already enjoy goodness & happy Health Eating with a 50% discount as you order online between Sept 22nd until Sept 25th)
- Nestlé® Pure Life will be available at every loop (2.5km): High quality, great-tasting water your family can trust. Its light and refreshing taste, smooth texture and uncompromised quality fulfill your family’s daily hydration needs.
- Sam.FitZone, Jeddah’s most emblematic calisthenics & Bodyweight personal trainer in Jeddah, will help us with the Warm-up.
- DJ Fezz will make sure we RUN when we can, WALK if we have to, CRAWL if we must, but DANCE when we hear his tunes.
- KustomArtz designed your Medals & T-shirts artwork!
- DHL our Logistics Partner is making sure everything we need on the day of the event arrives on time!
- Sanita will keep our hands virus-free and our playground garbage-free: We will Return With Caution and we will Leave no Trace.
- Bake & Crunch will treat us with nutritious, wholesome, and delicious foods!
- Art of Dates will reward us with amazing dates treats after our run!
Questions can be sent to Info@HejazUltra.org
Registration will open soon.
|FitNeeds||AlRimaya||O.R.S Hydration Tablets||Sabeeka Bars||Harvest Coconut Water|
|TNF Fruits Bars||Bake & Crunch||Fresh Del Monte||Nestlé® Pure Life||Sam.FitZone|
|Art of Dates||DJ Fezz||DHL||Sanita||KustomArtz|