- This event has passed.
AlOula Full Moon Hike + Half-Marathon, 10km & 5km Howlin’Dog run
December 25, 2020 @ 21:00 - 23:55Free – SAR22
Join our exciting Full Moon Hike + Half-Marathon, 10km & 5km Howlin’Dog run on Friday December 25th 2020 near Jeddah. in support of Al Oula Foudation.
THREE groups will hike or Run about 70 mins north of Jeddah with different distance and pace: Beginners and more advanced hikers are welcome to take part on our infamous Howlin’Dog race course.
- Group 1: 21.1km ( Half Marathon ) RUN ONLY
- Group 2: 10km
- Group 3: 5km
Hejaz Ultra has been organizing Full Moon Hikes since 2018.
This Full Moon hike will be a FREE EVENT if you come with your own Head-Torch. And if you don’t own own, we will have a few Head-Torches for lease at 22SAR only .
Our 5th annual Tarawih Half-Marathon & Hike had to be run Virtually earlier this year during the Holy Month of Ramadan: we were only able to provide limited support to Al Oula foundation this year due to COVID-19. So, Friday December 25th 2020 will be a great opportunity to Donate Generously directly on the Al Oula bank accounts listed here: https://www.oula.org.sa/page/donate and copied here for your convenience
- NCB: SA 631 000 000 135 667 000 0101
- Al Rajhi Bank: SA 028 000 024 060 801 032 8003
- Alawal bank: sA 555 000 000 005 502 339 8000
- Samba: SA 584 000 000 000 000 452 0335
Entry to the race is Free so that you can donate generously. Please mention Hike or Run as a reason for Donation. Funds received under “Hike or Run ” will be used specifically to purchase Running/Hiking shoes for the Al Oula beneficiaries by the Al Oula finance team.
Al Oula’s commitment to our community remains strong in helping families break the cycle of poverty, with a strategy based on early intervention through educational, professional and physical training and three Goals:
- Improving quality of life.
- Developing 21st century skills
- Enhancing physical fitness
Al Oula representatives will be present with us on the night of the event and will be happy to talk to you and directly collect donations, big or small.
For more information please visit Al Oula website http://oula.org.sa .
Meeting point details & exact timings will be shared 24hours prior to the start of the event. You can lease a Head Torch from us (subject to availability – we only have a hundred Head Torches in stock).
A red light is mandatory, but you can cover an existing white-light head-torch with red electrical tape which you can purchase in electrical stores.
Bring torches ( you can lease one from us): The course will be marked by flags and there should be a few construction-light along the course to guide you, but not enough to make it safe to run/walk without additional lighting.
There will be water stops s allowing to refill your hydration bag/ water bottles.
Make sure you have snacks with you.
- A small backpack (or hydration pack ) with 1 litre of water per person minimum will be required ( we will bring 5xGallons bottles of water to refill your hydration pack. we will not provide plastic bottles. You should ideally come with your hydration pack filled up). Snacks recommended.
- A head torch ( or hand torch ) with RED LIGHT mode for HIKERS and WHITE LIGHT for RUNNERS. Hikers will not be allowed to start the hike if your torch doesn’t have a RedLight mode or if it is not covered by RED electrical tape. The Red Light helps preserve your night vision and will make the hike more enjoyable for all. 45 Head Torches with RedLight are available for lease from the organizers at the time or registration. Just to be clear: WHITE LIGHT Head Torch will NOT be able to join the HIKING group. We will check. Runners will need a Head Torch. No Exceptions !!!
- Reaching the start is AT LEAST 1 hour drive. Please plan accordingly. You will be requested to arrive early to collect the head torch if you lease one from us.
- You should fill up your tank in the afternoon to avoid post-iftar chaos at the gas station.
Notes regarding the Leased Head Torches:
- The lease for the Head Torch is 22 SAR.
- If you don’t want to be disappointed, book early!
We will only be able to take 50 participants.