- This event has passed.
November 20, 2020 @ 06:30 – 18:30
The new installment of the longest foot race series organized in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is BACK. After five successful Hejaz50 and one Hejaz100 back in February 2017, you can now register for the Hejaz50 v6.
- Hejaz50 v6 will have a total incline of 1320m+ ascent.
- We will race in a completely new location . we will have a new BaseCamp . The Course is available here : https://tracedetrail.fr/en/trace/trace/121858
- Trekkers/Hikers will do 15 or 17.5km.
- Runners and MTB Riders may also stop at km 19 or 42 but doing so would not qualify for victory.
Hejaz50 MTB’ers, runners and trekkers will all start from 05:40 AM in SIX waves and THREE different corrals to avoid a crowd.
- 05:40 AM Wave1: MTB
- 05:42 AM Wave2: 56 km UltraRunners ( to start in this wave, you must exhibit at the time of registration a proof that you’ve ran more AT LEAST 30+km at the time of registration. or done another similar effort ex: cycling ~100km)
- 05:46 AM Wave3: 42 km Marathon Runners ( to start in this wave, you must exhibit at the time of registration a proof that you’ve ran more AT LEAST 21+km at the time of registration. or done another similar effort ex: cycling ~60km)
- 05:50 AM Wave4: 30 km Runners
- 05:54 AM Wave5: 19km Runners
- 05:56 AM Wave6: Hike 15/17.5 km
There will be an overall cut-off time of 12hours for the 56km athletes. There will also be intermediate cut-offs.
This is YOUR race. You can ride your Mountain Bike. You can walk. And, of course, you can run. You can’t miss it.
- Hike / Trek: 15 or 17.5 km . This is not a race.
- MTB: 19km, 30km, 42km, 56km ( the total distance is 56km, but you may stop at one of the ControlPoint )
- RUN: 19km, 30km, 42km, 56km ( the total distance is 56km, but you may stop at one of the ControlPoint )
- Volunteer 4×4
Athletes must be 18 years old or over on Race Day.
Race entry fee:
The Fee is not transferable and not refundable.
Only those who have officially registered to the event can participate. Support crew may NOT join the athletes on the course but can support at the various junctions, Control Points, and Water Stations ( Basecamp, km19, km25/26, km30 , km35, km38, km40, km42, km45 and FinishLine/Basecamp )
Waiver of responsibility:
Participants take part in the event under their own responsibility. It is strongly recommended to seek medical advice before engaging in such intense physical activity and have appropriate medical insurance.
Due to the current condition of the Coronavirus pandemic, we are constrained to limit number of tickets to 50 only, following the regulation of the competent Saudi Authorities. ( updated 2020-06-25)
We will be starting Athletes in multiple waves ( several minutes apart) and multiple corrals ( hundred meters apart within each wave!) ( updated 2020-10-17)
You can find study the course here : https://tracedetrail.fr/en/trace/trace/121858
You may also download the KMZ & GPX here :
- Athletes MUST carry with them at least 2 liters of water. it must NOT be in a disposable plastic water bottle by fear that this bottle might be disposed of in the wild. Athletes can use hydration packs, belts, backpacks at their convenience.
- Mask or Buff ( to be used at Basecamp , the CP’s , WaterStations)
- Hat / Buff (protection against sand storm)
- Sun glasses
- Fully charged phone
- Toilet paper
Note: you will be awarded 2 iTRA points as a finisher of this race. To register for the UTMB®, it is necessary to have a minimum of 10 points from a maximum of 2 races. To register for the TDS®, it is necessary to have a minimum of 8 points in 1 or 2 races. To register for the CCC®, it is necessary to have a minimum of 6 points in 1 or 2 races. To register for the OCC, it is necessary to have a minimum of 4 points in 1 or 2 races Hejaz50 finishers will already have 1 foot inside the OCC®
You agree to abide to the existing or future COVID-19 restrictions which the club or the competent authorities may impose by race day, including but not restricted to:
- not attend the event if:
- you tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- you have been in contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- you have any COVID-19 symptoms
- you have any reason to suspect you might have contracted COVID-19
- taking a COVID-19 test, should that become mandatory. In light of the current low numbers of COVID-19 we believe that will not be necessary.
- activating during the entire duration of the event and showing to the volunteers the Tawakkalna/Tabaoud apps. Ultra Runners would be exempt from this requirements as it would drain their phone.
Participants will be checked for body temperature before accessing the basecamp.
Wearing face masks covering nose and mouth is mandatory at Basecamp and in the start and finish areas. In addition, wearing face masks (or Buffs) is strongly recommended at each aid-station. It will not be required to run, hike, ride with the mask.
Hand-sanitizer will be available at the Basecamp and at each aid-station.
The start of the race will be in a start wave format. The start waves will be determined by the organizers and communicated to the participants. Specific waiting areas will be assigned to each participant. It is the responsibility of each participant to understand their start wave and waiting area. In addition, start waves will be divided among three starting points to further increase physical distance between participants. Changing start wave, start point or waiting area is not allowed.
Running/hiking/cycling in groups is not recommended.
All aid-stations on the course will operate on a self-service basis. Participants should not touch anything else at the aid-station other than what he/she selected.
Weather – Force Majeure.
For safety reasons, in case of risk of heavy rain, to protect from Flash floods, the race organizers may decide to postpone the race to Saturday in case of severe weather on Friday or to the following weekend if necessary. We suggest participants who would travel from outside Jeddah to only book a late return flight on Saturday night. We might also change the course slightly. Be sure to follow the Race marshal instructions and directions.
Following the direction of the competent bodies of the government of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, we must restrict the number of participants. COVID-19 prevention measures will be applied.