- This event has passed.
Hejaz Overload v5
December 16, 2021 @ 06:15 – December 18, 2021 @ 15:00
Hejaz Overload v5 – Dec 16-17-18 2021
The fifth edition of Hejaz Overload will take place over three days:
- Thursday, 16th December 2021 (06:15AM START for 43km or 14:00 START for 21km & 10km ). (43km runners should leave from Jeddah at 02:30 AM or camp on-site Wednesday night)
- Friday, 17th December 2021 (full day !)
- Saturday, 18th December 2021 (morning +)
Before being a race, Hejaz Overload is an ADVENTURE…
You may view previous editions video here:[embedyt] https://www.youtube.com/embed?listType=playlist&list=PL6LT1fn_3lA5S_cQwIfq2dm3cd7gl_MUI&layout=gallery[/embedyt]
The Hejaz Overload is an Ultra run, a Multi-day / Multi-Stage Ultra-Marathon. Athletes will cover a distance greater than the one of a Marathon (42.2km) 3 days in a row. Over sand dunes. It is a unique event in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and in the region.
It is NOT a self-sufficient event. You will be provided with:
- Drinking-Water: at BaseCamp and every 5km to 10km (depending on terrain difficulty) at Control Points You will need to carry 1.5L of water at all time + mandatory gears + snacks +…
- Food: breakfast/lunch/dinner
- Accommodation at BaseCamp: The event is taking place several hours away from Jeddah. You will not have time to go back home to sleep, and you will be too tired to be physically able to drive safely.
As with our other events, we are offering different options as we try to cater to Athletes of all levels and not only to Elite participants. Still, participants are expected to be reasonably fit. We are providing an ETC (Estimate Time to Complete) and a DL (Difficulty Level) for each day
You can pick between:
- Mini Overload ( 10km per day) – total: 30km
- Half Overload ( 21km per day) – total: 63km
- Full Overload ( 43.3km per day) – total: 130km
The Course Profile is available on request. Registered participants will receive the final version.
The HejazOverload v4 is bringing a brand new D1 course to you. we wouldn’t want you to get bored: https://www.strava.com/activities/4301300209
D2 & D3 remain the same compared to previous years with a small exception. The short 8km bonus lap around camp at the end of D2 for the 43km runners will be our warm-up to be sure you slackers see the entire course this year and will not “forget” about it and head straight for Master Peachey’s Soup! Ha!
There will be a ranking per day. You will be allowed to switch category at any time ( up or down ) – even during the race – but would not be getting an overall race ranking in a category if you don’t complete 3 days in that category.
Mandatory Gears while running
- Backpack/HydrationPack with 1.5l capacity
- Fully charged phone for emergency calling ( kept on flight mode to save battery )
Mandatory Gears for BaseCamp
- Non-Disposable eating Utensils (bowl/plate/fork/knife/: “hard plastic”/ Metal … Camping type)
- Sleeping Bag
- 1st aid kit / blister kit
- Toilet paper
- ONE Lockable Suitcase (or travel bag with a lock)
As part of our Covid-19 protection measures, we will be offering individual tents.
- Sand Gaiters ( off-the-shelf or homemade with plastic bags ( bring 6 bags !) + grey duct tape – bring a roll)
- GPS (+ charging cable) + Battery pack + charger for phone (expect no data signal for 3 days)
- Yoga Mat+pillow? (we will be providing a rug)
- change of clothes incl. socks for the day + clothes for the evening (warmer clothes /flip-flops/… )
In addition to your camelback/backpack, If you are not planning to come with a 4×4, you can take ONE suitcase with you, which we will shuttle to camp with you.
You must reach the Meeting Point at least 1h before the race start. for 43km runners, you may decide to reach Wednesday night.
We will run a Gear-Check for mandatory equipment when you handover your suitcase to the organizers. It must have your name on it + your race number.
You will keep the key with you while you run every day. You will find your suitcase at BaseCamp which will be fixed for the duration of the event.
You will be driven back to the original meeting point with your suitcase.
We will provide food for the duration of the race.
- Thursday 16th: Lunch/Dinner
- Friday 17th: Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner
- Saturday 18th: Breakfast/Lunch
It will have the calories and nutritional requirements for the event.
If you plan to camp Wednesday night, please let us know in advance. The Catering team will not be available, you will need to bring your own, but we understand this could prove to be difficult for those traveling from outside Jeddah and we will be happy to help.
You will need to bring your own race snacks.
Due to the current condition of the Coronavirus pandemic, we are currently planning to limit the number of tickets to 50 only, following the regulation of the competent Saudi Authorities.
Race Entry Fee
The fee is per person or per Family regardless of distance/category. For that fixed fee for the event, you can decide to attend 1, 2, or 3 of the days.
- SAR 1599 for one Person
- SAR 2139 for one Family
- Only 50 participants.
- The entree fee is fixed and not proportional to the number of kilometers you will do.
- The Camp will be set in a remote area, with no Data signal and extremely poor GSM signal. If you can not leave Thursday morning from Jeddah, you will miss the 1st day of the race. but we will have a shuttle from a meeting point at 19:00 reachable with a Sedan.
- Only registered attendees may join the camp.
- Coming with your best buddy doesn’t qualify you for acquiring the “Family” tickets.
- Children under the age of 15 may join the camp with a registered parent at no additional cost. Families joining with Children MUST come with their own 4×4. We won’t be able to shuttle you… Children would remain under the sole supervision of the parents.