- This event has passed.
June 4 @ 04:30 – 09:00
#WordRiverRun – World River Run
This Global Running Day, dedicate your run to a river of your choice.
Hejaz Ultra will run in the Ash Shafa River on Saturday, 04 June 2022. Join us! Alternatively, you can run on your own between 01 June and 05 June 2022.
#WorldRiverRun takes place between Global Running Day and World Environment Day!
Run / Hike / Walk / MTB: 90 minutes away from Jeddah following the flow of a river ! from a 6km walk to a Half-Marathon run.
It is not required to REGISTER for this training. you can just show up ( on time … and with all the required gear and a 4×4! – Off-roading equipment is available from Al Rimaya. SUVs not suitable as we will be driving on a sandy trail and there is a chance for 2wd vehicle to get stuck. hardcore 4×4 equipment not required.)
Free Entry. All levels are welcome.
Fill up your tank before Friday night. You will not have time on Saturday morning. We will NOT stop on the way.
We will be crossing a Police CheckPoint.
- Everyone should have the proper Identification document (Saudi ID / Iqama).
- Drivers should have driving license + Istimarah + insurance + …
- Everyone should obey the Law of the Land.
Transport: We do NOT provide Transport!
A 4×4 is required as there is a sandy track to reach the start of the run. SUV is ok provided it has an AWD/4×4 mode. the track is NOT going across dunes, but it will get a little bit tricky on some portions, especially before sunrise. Do not attempt to cross the sandy patch with a Sedan as you will get stuck. Stopping to get your vehicle unstuck before the run will not be possible as it would delay everyone who needs to start before it gets too hot. You’ve been warned.
Here is the schedule:
- 04:30AM Meet https://goo.gl/maps/b3eqrzJegEt at Hardee’s near the Flag on Andalus street. Please park on the back street/empty land next to Hardees. not on the service road, as not to block traffic or attract attention.
- 04:35AM Depart from Hardees
- 06:10AM Start the off-road drive
- 06:25AM Park, Bio-break. Get ready.
- 06:30AM Safety Brief
- 06:35AM Start running or hiking.
- 09:30AM Return to 4×4’s. change. Dry up. Leave
- 11:00AM Reach Jeddah
What to bring:
- DRINKING WATER: Enough for a 2hours+ outing in February in Saudi Arabia. at least 1.5 liters in your backpack is recommended.
- Some water to clean up: you’ll be covered with mud after the run.
- Shoes: one pair for running and one pair ( flip flops are ok ) for getting back to Jeddah. Bring a (plastic?) bag to put your dirty shoes/socks/clothes in.
- a change of clothes for the return. you’ll be covered in sand/mud…
- you should have a D-ring/shackle/o-ring for your vehicle in case you get stuck
It is a straightforward “Out and Back” . It is open for ALL LEVELS. Beginners are welcome. You can Hike or Run or Moutain Bike. It will be a Self-Timed event for those who want to do the Half-Marathon or 10km run. You can turn around at any point of time ( you will need to turn around after at MOST 70 minutes since the return back to the car will be more difficult and will take longer ).
Phone: There will be NO Phone SIGNAL.
You must wear a mask or a BUFF at the Meeting point ( Hardees ) and at the Start / Finish of the run.
OPTIONAL: in addition to showing up Friday with your SUV, you can ALSO register on the link below.
Get a FREE BIB and a FREE Certificate of completion!
Register with https://www.minaguli.com/world-river-run, mentioning “Ash Shafa River“, that you are “running as part of a team or group?“, group name “Hejaz Ultra“, distance: pick 6/10/21 🙂
See you all bright and early at 04:30 AM at Hardee’s!